Tuesday, March 3, 2015

May 1, 1986, The Roxy, Los Angeles, CA (Tapegeek Master)

01.  Lovelines
02.  Mr. Whirly
03.  Hold My Life
04.  Can’t Hardly Wait
05.  Let It Rock > Bye Bye Johnny (Chuck Bery)
06.  Easier Said Than Done (The Essex)
07.  -crowd 1
08.  Sixteen Blue
09.  -crowd 2
10.  Buck Hill > Another Girl, Another Planet (Only Ones) 11.  -dialogue
12.  Kiss Me On The Bus
13.  Magnificent Seven Theme (Elmer Bernstein)
14.  Bastards Of Young
15.  -crowd 3
16.  I.O.U.
17.  -crowd 4
18.  Little Mascara > Come Together (The Beatles)
19.  Answering Machine
20.  I Will Dare
21.  September Gurls (Big Star)
22.  Waitress In The Sky
23.  hootenanny
24.  -crowd 5
25.  Black Diamond
26.  Rock ‘N’ Roll All Nite (Kiss)
27.  Color Me Impressed (aborted)
28.  Color Me Impressed
29.  -tuning
30.  Go
31.  -Tommy dialogue
32.  Take Me Down To The Hospital
33.  Eighteen (Alice Cooper)
34.  Be My Lover (Alice Cooper)
35.  School’s Out (Alice Cooper)
36.  Customer
37.  Hey Good Lookin’ (Hank Williams)
38.  -dialogue 6
39.  Yeah Yeah Yeah (Rezillos)

God what a mess,
On the ladder of success...

Notes: “This was the last time I saw (and recorded) the ‘Mats with Bob Stinson in the band - hardly surprising since Westerberg is abusing him a good bit throughout the show - the band stays tight for about 5 songs and then goes south... with some gems buried in there - I just remember being really kinda bummed out by this show... I had seen the ‘Mats at their best and at their total worst, and this was somewhere in between, but neither - I am sure that I am probably being too hard on this show but who knows - I recorded a lot more centrally, I believe, than the 12-17-85 show, with the mic taped to a wall...” - Tapegeek

Recording:  Tapegeek Audience Master

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! Interesting notes from Tapegeek too. Hope it sounds OK too. Another one for the archives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a plan to make the shows with the broken links available again?, after reading Trouble Boys, I really want to hear some of these shows I didn't get to download initially

    ReplyDelete